We’ve made it easy for you to discover the Top 10 Dining Spots in the state of Arizona
Where can you find the best-hidden restaurants in Arizona? What makes a restaurant the best? While opinions vary, but I would bet most people consider not only great food, but also excellent drinks, atmosphere, and most importantly, the perfect location. According to the Phoenix Magazine, here are the best 10 restaurants to dine at in Arizona.
- In Flagstaff check out the Brix Restaurant and Bar. Conde Nast Traveler voted them one of the best 95 restaurants in the world, plus Sunset Magazine named them Flagler’s Best Restaurant. Their location in a historic carriage house lends great atmosphere. Food tastes like a European bistro and features items from local growers. They offer cheese from all over the world.
- Conde Nast Travel and Readers Choice Awards recognized Che-Ah-Chi and the Enchantment Resort in Sedona for its picturesque interior and fabulous food. Order the savory lobster bisque or a buffalo tenderloin for great taste.
- In Cottonwood an old schoolhouse houses–what else but–the SchoolHouse Restaurant. It features New American Style food like buttermilk-fried chicken and corn-and-cotija cheese waffles. For dessert be sure to order the super popular peach cobbler that’s to die for. By the way, this restaurant offers a great selection of local microbrews.
- Hungry for fantastic Mexican cuisine? The Barrio Cafe in Phoenix is the place to go. Signature dishes include chilies in nagada and guacamole with pomegranate seed. Drink some of their well-known tequila or mezcal to top things off. This restaurant has been featured in the Phoenix Magazine and was the semi-finalist in the Best Chef Southwest.
- Be sure to try the most award-winning restaurant in the state, the Kai in Chandler. Diners here can enjoy unique Native American based cuisine such as elk loin, while enjoying breathtaking sunsets on the patio. Known for its earthy, but elegant decor, excellent service and dishes so lovely they are art, this restaurant deserves the triple-A Five Diamond Award, Forbes 5-Star Award and Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence.
- First a 1920’s girls school, then a guest ranch housing the likes of Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, now it’s an elegant restaurant called The Grill at Hacienda del Sol in Tucson. Southwest style food includes gamey offerings like roasted pheasant, venison and duck. Views from the patio feature mountains and Tucson city-scapes. The Grill is the only Arizona restaurant to receive the Award of Ultimate Distinction and they’ve done it twice!
- Jerome, a quirky, artsy town perched on a mountainside, offers an award-winning restaurant called The Asylum. This establishment occupies an area in an old haunted hotel. It not only presents grand food, but also award-winning wines. The dining room overlooks Jerome and nearby mountains.
- Amuse Bouche is a great surprise in the small town of that name. French cuisine and mouthwatering dishes bring diners from all over. Be sure to try their renowned Sunday morning breakfast!
- Naturally, Scottsdale offers several of the best restaurants in the state, but for surf and turf visit Bourbon Steak. Classy interior design, innovative appetizers and handmade pasta accent the classic steak and seafood entrees. Add this winner of several prestigious awards to your list of favorites.
- For another fascinating place, visit the old mining town of Bisbee and eat at Cafe Roka. This restaurant features New American style food served in four-course dinners at a reasonable price. It’s located in the downtown historic district.
Arizona offers many different, fascinating and beautiful places to visit as well as to eat!
Hopefully, you will enjoy hopscotching around the state to eat and explore all the luxury places offered in Arizona.